Wednesday, September 02, 2009

New Video Tutorial - Drawing Lines in Flex

This is an application based on the James Ward and Bruce Eckel book "First Steps in Flex". The tutorial shows you how to build a simple program to scribble all over your screen as shown in the graphic below. This is done by using the flash.events.MouseEvent class to track mouse movements and then feeding coordinates to the graphics package and invoking the lineTo(event.localX, event.localY) method.



I never realized the irony until now that I had scribbled over the nice lines Eddie Van Halen had hand painted onto his EVH Frankenstein (the guitar I am playing in the photo below). This was by far one of the best guitars I have ever played in my life.



If you want the full source code for this, please email me dnickull at adobe dot com.

Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not spam this blog! Google and Yahoo DO NOT follow comment links for SEO. If you post an unrelated link advertising a company or service, you will be reported immediately for spam and your link deleted within 30 minutes. If you want to sponsor a post, please let us know by reaching out to duane dot nickull at gmail dot com.